Who are we
School Clubs operate web and mobile based platforms that help schools service extra curricular activities. We take privacy very seriously and are always committed to protecting it.
Below we’ve set out information and rules which defines what information we keep, and choices you have to access, update, delete, and control it.
Type of Information
“Personal information” is any information that we can use to identify an individual. For instance, this is data that allows you to be identified as a particular person, such as your name, phone number, or your address. It does not include personal information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information.
Personal Information that we collect through our services
- Registration : Once you register with School Clubs your email address along with your username is stored on our databases. In addition, we require the following data at a minimum to complete registration with our service;
- Your full name and title
- Your phone number
- Childs Name
- Year Group
- School Name
Further optional information you can provide for a school is;
- General information about what you are seeking help in
- Your availability
- Admin or Head details
For a tutor account, we optionally store the following further personal information, these data items include;
- Subjects the tutor teaches, including their rates per hour.
- The tutors’ gender, personal statement, availability, qualifications and experience
- Photo identification (accepted documents are either a passport or driving license)
- A DBS document
- Contact Details of at least two references, with the referee responses to our questionnaire
- Payment Data : As part of our online payment system – all payments are processed via PayPal and are 100% secure.
Our users are free to disable cookies within their browser, but this will likely limit the functionality of School Clubs.
At this time, we do not respond to browser requests to “do not track”, we await the development of industry standards for how such requests should be interpreted.
Server Log Data
Our server store standard log files which enable us to view an individual’s IP addresses, from this we will be able to lookup which ISP is supplying that IP address. From our logs we are able to see the date and time at which you viewed each page on School Clubs, other standard information in these log files include a “user agent” which shows which internet browser and operating system you were using. We mainly use this log data to see which pages are popular and other general user behaviour across School Clubs.
From this data alone we are not able to collect any personally identifiable information. However if a user signs up to our service we are then able to track a particular user (via their IP address). This data is only used by School Clubs, but we may pass this data on to legal authorities or other 3rd parties if we receive abuse from a particular user.
Right to Access / Deletion
School Clubs acknowledges that our users have the right to access the personal information/data that we maintain about them. Our users have the right to seek access, or to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data. Any of our users to request these changes by contacting us through our contact form.
Unless we have another legal basis for storing your personal data we will delete or de-identify the personal data we have stored about you within 30 days of when you withdraw your consent.
Your General rights as a Data Subject
Since GDPR you have important right to protect your personal data. You can access any of these rights by contacting us through our contact form. The following is a summary of those rights;
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please contact us if you would like to know more about what data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to ask us to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records where there is no longer a good reason for us to continue to process it.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
We will not be able to erase information that is required to maintain our business purpose, we have a legal reason to keep it, or data that is required to facilitate your contract with us.
Our Purpose for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
For School Clubs we require the information set out above to be able to provide our services to you, and for our legitimate interests. We must collect and process personal information provided to us to carry out: checks to prevent fraud, network security, provision of administration and IT services, form a contract with you, and for child protection. We carry out our identity checks to meet our legal obligations to do so.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time.
Within some of the pages on School Clubs we may link to external websites, that is, websites that are not part of School Clubs (third-party websites). School Clubs are not responsible for the content of these external internet sites. We are careful who we link to, but since the sites are out of our control they could contain unsuitable content and may have privacy policies which differ from School Clubs. Please review their policies if you are concerned.
We take email privacy very seriously with users of our website. Any Email address the user supplies when signing up, are not sold to 3rd parties for marketing purposes. This includes any personal information we may obtain from emails we receive through our contact us form.
Contacting School Clubs