Registered in England 27 Old Gloucester Street | London | WC1N 3AX
- By enquiring or engaging in our clubs you agree to these terms below
- Parents: By entering your child in our clubs you agree to these terms below
- Club Leaders: By running our clubs you agree to the terms below
- All email conversations and phone calls are recorded and the contents are used for training and security purposes
- Email or telephone correspondence are for the recipient only
The minimum age is 2 years. The maximum age is 18.
Payment & Bookings
- Clubs at SC are guaranteed once we have agreed and confirmed the start date.
- We guarantee completion of all scheduled classes*
- All payments for the term must be processed within a 10 day window of the first class.
- We do not refund payments for clubs*
- 1.All fees are paid in pounds sterling and payment can be made as follows:
•by bank transfer directly to our account. Please note that all bank charges must be paid at source. Please email or fax us a copy of the remittance advice. Please indicate the schools name on the remittance
•by cheque made out to School Clubs.
- Any fee’s will be processed and paid at the end of the term.
- We pay hall hire fees with an extra charge ontop to make it viable
- We reserve the right to withdraw our services at half term or at the end of a full term
- Clubs are ran at the school only
Pre-arrival Cancellations & Refunds
- We require 5 days notice if you wish to cancel a class
•If you cancel 48 hours or fewer before our club start date, our materials cost (with proof), minus a cancellation charge of £80.00 will all be charged to the school.
- We do not issue refunds for completed clubs if parents or the school is dissatisfied
- If we cancel due to fault of our own such as staff absence, we will reimburse the parents .
- We do not refund parents or schools if we do not cancel the club. Such as bad weather, fire drill etc…
- If we ultimately have to cancel your club due to a fatality with a tutor we will provide documentary evidence.
- For bookings made ‘at distance’ (eg via our website, by telephone, by email), you have the right to cancel with a full refund of monies paid, without giving a reason, within 14 days (the Cancellation Period) of our confirmation. We must receive your cancellation in writing by email within the Cancellation Period. We will not start preparing our club for you during the Cancellation Period unless you request us to do so in writing.
Postponements and other Booking Changes
- If you decide to change your club dates you must give us 7 days notice.
- If you wish to postpone your club for any reason – you must give us 7 days notice.
- You may only postpone your club if there is space available in our tutors timetable for the new club dates you wish for our instructor to attend.
Cancellation/Change of Club after Arrival applies to school and children
- If you have to stop your club early, you will be billed for our tutor’s material fees and any monthly transportation pass that may have been purchased.
- We do not refund parents if the school cancels the club
- Clubs are transferable. This means you can transfer a child to another club if there is a waiting list
- Periods of absence due to accident or sickness are not refundable for parents.
- After school sessions last 1hr
- Breakfast/Lunch time sessions last 40-50min and are priced for 1hr
- Workshop sessions last 1.5hr per session
- We do not give extra time for snack time, please include this within the session time – otherwise the price will be increased
- After our clubs children are handed over to the school for parents collection unless specified otherwise
- Snack time must be accounted for within the hourly session or completed before we arrive. We do not add any extra time for this
Special Needs / Support
- Our clubs are open to all students
- Schools must provide an in-house support teacher for any children with special needs who is attending our clubs
- If you wish to extend your club you may do so, provided there an instructor is available. As we are is often fully booked, we advise booking an extension at least a term in advance. Extensions are paid at the beginning of the extended term.
- You have priority booking
- Unless told otherwise, we will not run clubs during bank/national holidays
- Clubs missed as a result of a bank or public holiday will not be refunded or made up they will not be counted upon sign up
- We are serious and expect every student to be on time, attend every lesson and do all their homework (minimal).
- We keep attendance registers.
- If a student is sick, you must: •Let our tutor know on the day of the club
- If a student misses a club, regardless of the reason, we cannot give a refund or allow you to take the lesson at another time.
Photographs and Filming
- Clubs cannot be filmed or otherwise recorded in any way without the permission (in writing) of either the Director or the Clubs Manager.
- SC UK may use film or still photographs of students for promotional purposes with permission.
- Your school (and the parents) must inform the us in writing before your club starts if you will not allow us to use such images.
- If your child is in Film Club or Photography Club then you automatically agree to your child being filmed. The footage is only shared with you and the school
- We keep your information in electronic and paper format.
- Schools and parents are reminded of the need to disclose medical information about the student to us when the parents slip is completed.
- Teachers – We will keep your personal information confidential and provide a copy of your DBS and ID to the school prior to you starting a club
- Schools – We will send you tutors DBS and ID and you must keep their personal information confidential and destroy them at the end of the school year
- We comply with the Data Protection Act and destroy all personal information at the end of the school year.
- It is expressly understood that the School Clubs retains the services of the Tutor as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Tutor shall be responsible for his/her insurance and for all statutory declarations and contributions with regard to income tax.
- If you are hired through a 3rd party we will adhere by their terms and payment policy
- If the school report a serious complaint about your club, your payment for that class will be held back until the matter is resolved.
- If the school cancel your club, you will not be paid.
- We spend £5 or less on materials. Do not purchase materials and expect them to be repaid unless specified otherwise. You must show all receipts and send the invoice for materials with your invoice.
- Cut off date for all invoices is bi-weekly on Friday by 9pm unless specified otherwise
- If you possess School Clubs documents, monies, materials or anything which should be passed onto us you must do so immediately
- the Tutor shall give 24 hours notice if they must cancel a club, failing which the tutor will fined £80 which will be taken out of your invoice with immediate effect
- If you cancel within 3 hours will be fined £120 which will be taken out of your invoice with immediate effect
- Failure to pay fines will result in legal action through penalty collection
- Exceptions on last minute or same day cancellations are granted upon requests but proof must be provided upon acceptance that the reason is true. Further questioning may be applicable
- School Clubs reserves the right to refuse admission to any student or to dismiss any student from club without refund in the event of severe misconduct or severe unsatisfactory attendance or work. We expect students to adhere to the standards and rules we set.
- We expect students to behave reasonably at all times towards other students and our staff and to respect cultural, racial and religious differences.
- If a student is asked to leave the club for poor attendance or conduct, their fees will not be refunded and they will not be allowed to join another SC UK Club.
- Students have to pay for any damage they cause to ours or the instructors property
- We are not affiliated with any brands on our website such as Lego, Mad Science unless specified otherwise
- We do not own all images on our website and this can be taken down upon request
Resolution of disputes
- All complaints will be fully investigated as per our ‘Complaints Procedure’ providing:
•The complaint is made while our tutor is running a club.
•The complaint is registered in writing with the Director, Operations Director or Club Manager.
•All invoices relating to the school making the complaint have been settled in full.
- We do not accept complaints received until the school year has finished as we deal with plenty of schools and this could have a knock on effect nationwide as a result of an individual unique problem
- To open an official complaint please write us at: 27 Old Gloucester St, Bloomsbury, London WC1N 3AF and you will receive a response within 30 working days
- All complaints, legalities etc… will be dealt with between July 14th 2018 and September 1st 2018
Disclosure and Confidentiality
- Emails: You may not discuss or quote the contents of our emails elsewhere. If you are not the named addressee, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the named addressee, please destroy the email and notify the sender immediately. Any quotes are valid for 30 days only unless stipulated otherwise. Nothing in our emails constitutes a binding contract between School Clubs and the addressee.
- Cancellations: In the case of a cancelled club due to a financial, staff, tutor, children, school or any other reasons you (or us) may not disclose this information to any third parties until the full school term is completed
- Confidentiality: You may not discuss any information given about our tutor or a school elsewhere.
- Phone Calls: Apply the same rules as emails
- If for any reason we have to cancel a club, this is done under full disgression and you may not discuss the reasons elsewhere as we must protect our other clubs
- .SC UK does not accept any liability in the case of illness, accident, loss or damage to personal effects or property:
•occurring on your school premises, except where such liability is imposed under UK
- SC UK does not accept liability for losses or additional expenses you might incur because of parent pick up delays or to your travel services (pick up).
- Several of the images and logos on our site are trademarked by other companies and we will remove these upon request
- We not affiliated with the brands and companies on our website unless specified otherwise
- School Clubs are not liable for failure to perform its obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including snow, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, infectious diseases or pandemics or other natural disaster that are beyond the reasonable control of the parties), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity, internet or telephone service. Refunds will not be made in such circumstances.
- In the event of an outbreak of infectious disease, all schools, students and parents/guardians are required to comply with rules regarding quarantine as set by government agencies or by the school. We will withhold our tutor from running the club
Relaxation of terms
- No relaxation, indulgence, waiver or release by any party of any of the rights in terms of this agreement on one occasion shall prevent the subsequent enforcement of such rights and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of any of the terms.
- This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with regard to the subject matter thereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained herein.